Prev: Re: SCOUTS OUT! Next: Re: SCOUTS OUT!

Re: DS3 points systems and features

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 19:49:32 EST
Subject: Re: DS3 points systems and features

Thank God someone said that.  I have been deleting before reading these
threads but just peeked in on this post.  Scenarios are one way to deal
with games.  Points (or Cap in DS2 which I mostly play) has value but I
can create a 'munchkin force' or to have it negated by an equally warped
scenario designed to defeat that force.

Yeah DS2 is less then optimal in the design system - ALL design systems
are variably adequate as long as you don't go outside the envelope the
point/cap/whatever the game designer intended.	Period.

Some of us are just perverse enough to do so on purpose for a game -
more
then occasionally!

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious@juno.com
Historical - Warbeads@juno.com

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:40:21 -0500 Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
writes:
>At 12:45 PM -0800 4/5/02, John Atkinson wrote:
>

>>Hrm. . . So what you're saying is that any pretence at
>>point balance is inherently flawed and depends on
>>scenario design and usage?
>>

>BINGBINGBING
>
>a 3000 pt force with zero ADS vs a 500 pt force of ground and 2500
>VTOLS and Aerospace will get wiped from the table.
>
>Some points costs are exceedingly relative.
>
>ECM doesn't do you a damn bit of good if your opponent doesn't use
>GMS's. ADS doesn't do much good either. Especially if there isn't any
>aircraft ont he table either.
>
>The scenario is everything. Again, the best games I've either played
>or refed were those that points didn't even enter into my
>calculations. No battles in real life have calculations.
>
>--
>--
>Ryan Gill			   rmgill@mindspring.com
>	 |	  |
>	 | O--=-  |		|	    |
>	 |_/|o|_\_|		| _________ |
>    1960 Daimler Ferret     1942 Daimler Dingo

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: SCOUTS OUT! Next: Re: SCOUTS OUT!