Prev: Re: DS3 points systems and features Next: RE: SCOUTS OUT!

Re: [SG] SAW/HMG/LMG/GPMG/AAMG blah blah

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:51:53 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [SG] SAW/HMG/LMG/GPMG/AAMG blah blah

--- Tomb <tomb@dreammechanics.com> wrote:
> My take....
>
> 1) Light SAW firing rifle ammo (C9/M240/Minimi - SG2
> ESU SAW)
> D8 FP, IMP D10 (rifle D10 impact too)

Depends on the ammo.  The "advanced" rifles (binary
propulsion, ETC, Liquip prop, etc) or heavy rifles
(7.62 NATO) would be d10, but small rounds (7.62x39,
5.56 NATO, etc) would be d8.

> 2) Std. SAW (LMG - NSL SAW, OUDF SAW)
> D10 FP, IMP D10 (rifle impact D10 too) - greater FP,
> more accuracy due
> to longer barrel and gyromount, higher ROF

I take this two ways.  If the weapon is rotary or
whatever, then d10 FP is fine.	If it's a GPMG with an
AG like the M-240 (spelled "FN MAG" in Europe) or
somesuch then it shoots d10 FP with an AG and d8
without.

> 3) Gauss LSAW (no model in mind)
> D10 FP, IMP D12 (higher ROF, Gauss Rifle impact)
>
> 4) Gauss SAW (NSL alternate SAW, NI SAW)
> D12 FP, IMP D12

Hehehehehe. . .

> 5)HMG (Battletech Kurita HMG, etc)
> D12 FP (or 2d8), IMP 2d6 or 2d8

I like Imp d12*, HMMV.	But I'd also say FP d10 since
they have a lower ROF.

> 6) Minigun (Gatling SAW)
> D12 FP D10 IMP

Really that's more appropriate for a vehicle-mounted
rotary LMG/MMG.

> 7) Gatling HMG (tank tribarrel)
> D16 FP 2d6 or 2d8

Gah!

> I've found using the slimmed down SAWs makes modern
> OBs with 2 SAW per
> squad work a bit nicer (they aren't so dominating).

Yeah.

John

Prev: Re: DS3 points systems and features Next: RE: SCOUTS OUT!