Prev: Re: DS2: Points or no Points Next: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 08:03:41 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@hotmail.com>
> >On the other hand, the more stuff you pack onto a vehicle, the larger
its
> >"real-life" size. Right too ?
> >Putting these together means that to get down to a given signature
you
have
> >to pay more for a heavily equipped vehicle than for a light one.
>
> Except that the capacity/points combo is just too cumbersome.  It's
the
end
> result that matters - if taking a big vehicle and giving it enough
stealth
> results in the same combat effectiveness as taking a small vehicle and
> miniaturizing it, then their end point cost should be the same.  So
why
not
> eliminate the size/stealth/capacity step and JUST deal with how many
points
> such a vehicle should cost?

Maybe the present system is cumbersome.
But my argument is that, to calculate a balanced points cost that
includes
target signature, you have to take into account the vehicles' size and
equipment. The more equipment, the more expensive going down to a given
signature should be. So something roughly similar to the present
capacity
calculation is needed - perhaps in a simplified fashion. I see no way
around
including such a calculation. Or do you ?

Greetings

Prev: Re: DS2: Points or no Points Next: Re: [DS] No Capacity was: Points system (fresh)