Prev: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: DS2: Points or no Points

Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 07:19:56 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

KH Ranitzsch wrote:

> > [Bri] I did not indicate _no_ cost, only that it should not be a
> > _multiplying_ cost.
>
>Could you explain why some cost should simply be added up, and others
>mutiply the cost ? What is the reasoning behind this ?

Things that have synergies with one another multiply, things that don't
add
together.

The combat effectiveness of a vehicle is essentially the product of the
damage the vehicle can inflict and how long it survives. The damage it
can
inflict is the sum of its weapons; how long it survives is the product
of
its likelyhood of getting hit (which is the sum of Signature and
ECM/PDS)
and the likelyhood of surviving if it gets hit anyway (Armour rating).

...and then you slap things like mobility on top of that :-/

/Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: DS2: Points or no Points