Prev: Re: DS3 points systems and features Next: Re: [DSII] Heresey

Re: DS3 points systems and features

From: Alexander Williams <thantos@t...>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:35:16 -0500
Subject: Re: DS3 points systems and features

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 07:47:53PM -0500, Brian Bell wrote:
> be sufficient force. Without some visual clue, I might as well be
using 'A',
> 'B', and 'C' counters for the vehicles. A pure points system will
provide a
> relative balance for the forces, but without a visual clue, you cannot
apply
> the force in the best manner.
>
> But perhaps social engineering is a better way to approach the
problem.
> <shrug>

NO point system can adequately do what you're requesting here, unless
it prohibits doing anything to reduce the effective signature of a
piece.	If you allow that, you allow varying interpretation of how its
done.  Maybe my techs really /did/ have an incredible breakthrough in
miniaturization.

This is wholly outside the purview of any kind of mechanical system.
Worse, however, is the fact that its really not that big a deal,
certainly not as big a deal as its being played up to be.  The only
time it'll be an issue is if you regularly engage in blind pick-up
games which don't involve showing off the designs before the game, or
on challenge during.  Maybe you think the Jeeps are ignorable
... until the first MKP/5 falls on you, then you say "Hey, let me see
that design."

--
Alexander Williams (thantos@telocity.com)   |	 http://www.chancel.org

====
"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably
the  |
same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it
is|
their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to
provide|

Prev: Re: DS3 points systems and features Next: Re: [DSII] Heresey