Prev: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:29:25 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

Daryl Lonnon wrote:

>I'll stop lurking for a sec and ask (in case nobody has brought it up
yet):
>Why not do both?
>
>Publish a fluff design system that deals in capacity points, sizes,
stealth
>etc.
>
>And a Point design system that can then be used to determine the
>point value of the resulting vehicle.

The problem with such is that a pure points system may very well allow
construction of a vehicle that is impossible using a capacity system -
because it doesn't take into account how big weapon is (You can call it
any
big you want), just how it's range and damage affect the game.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII) Next: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)