Prev: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: RE: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)

Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 13:35:13 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh)

Tony Francis schrieb:

> Since there's no concept of capacity any more, the idea
> of vehicle size classes also goes out of the window. Signature (and
> stealth) should be a fixed points value just like any other system.
Troop and
> cargo capacity also becomes another system to be purchased.
>
> Remove all the artificial restrictions such as the limit
> on maximum number of weapons, not allowing all walker sizes etc. I'm

> sure we can all come up with examples of vehicles, fictional and
> real, that break these restrictions. This is SF, anything should be
> possible !

Don't really agree here. Dirtside is designed as a (reasonably) "hard
SF" game. So there should be some logic to possible combinations of
vehicle size, performance and equipment. I don't want motorcycles
carrying humongous superguns.

Whether the present restrictions might need revising is a different
matter.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [DS] Points system (fresh) Next: RE: Re: Rules of Engagement examples (DSII/SGII)