Prev: Re: FMA Hockey etc. was Re: One More Oxymoron Next: RE: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

RE: [DS] Points system was [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 10:57:53 +1000
Subject: RE: [DS] Points system was [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

G'day,

> Remember, the original reason for this whole exercise was to provide
> an additional cost to armor on a given vehicle and push players to
> not have everything with max armor protection. If I can make a small
> recce vehicle with 1 armor and 2 size and still have a good amount of
> mobility, then the system should support that. If I make it a size 2
> and 2 armor, then I pay a tiny bit more per unit (3 points). Big
> deal. Everything is max armor. But, if that recce vehicle is now
> slower, and I have to use more capacity to speed it back up (or use
> capacity to make it go even faster at the original configuration)
> then I've added an additional dimension to vehicles that wasn't there
> before. It also cost more.

If movement systems also take up capacity (obviously a lot more capacity
is
being spoken over per size class) then putting on extra armour can
involve
going slower if you don't want to sacrifice guns or use miniaturisation.

Cheers

Prev: Re: FMA Hockey etc. was Re: One More Oxymoron Next: RE: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire