Prev: STILL ON TOPIC Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire Next: Re: Coastal rules [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:10:22 -0800
Subject: Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

Tony Francis wrote:

>Effectively taking DS one step closer to the full 5-level FMA system
>(all you need is a d12 'advanced firecon' at the top end).
>
>Which I'm all for, BTW - I'd like to see DS3 go the way of SG2 with
five
>levels of troop and equipment quality.

The only problem I have with this is the way it restricts your ability
slide die types up or down for circumstances (A normally D12 unit, which

finds itself in a situation where it gets a boost and should be 1 die
type
better, can't be.  You can always apply it by penalizing it's opponent,
unless he's already at D4.  Auto fail/success at this point is not a
desireable option, there should always be some slim provision for luck,
however how small).

3B^2