Prev: RE: [DS/SG] Quick survey Next: RE: [DS] Points system was [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

Re: [DS] Points system was [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 10:55:43 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS] Points system was [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

"Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" wrote:

[snip, snap, snop - no scissors or knives were used in this trimming,
btw]

> > (and reducing speed). Both methods are valid.
>
> Likewise using different composites of armor - I believe armor can be
> made lighter now than 60 years ago that is more effective at stopping
> weapons fire. And engines more powerful than those of 60 years ago
> to compensate for any heavier stuff.
>
> Mk
> ---End Original Message---
>
> Of course, weapons are much better at penetrating armor also. So you
can
> assume an equilibrium -- better and more armor needs to be applied in
> optimal fashions to counter improved weapons. So, it is justifiable to
have
> armor take up capacity.

I wasn't arguing against taking up capacity. I can see that being a
case. I might not necessarily *like* it (it'll mean smaller/fewer guns
on my tanks ;-), but I can see it being quite valid. I just didn't like
the idea of armor reducing speeds.

Prev: RE: [DS/SG] Quick survey Next: RE: [DS] Points system was [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire