Prev: OT-HH ships Next: Ship designs, was (Not so) OT-HH ships

Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 17:17:54 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire

At 2:00 PM -0800 4/2/02, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>Ryan M Gill wrote:
>
>>I'm speaking up on this as the most recent game I ran had this as a
>>major facet of the game at warfair last year.
>
>AAR please?

It was months ago but suffice to say, The Power armor was held up in
a firefight  for a few turns then managed to get under way again.
Artillery was a pretty good deciding factor with the firefights. The
SAS had a good period of being hidden and then when they had some
targets were unable to call in fighters for most of the game. (I
suspect there was some fault with the comms gear.) Eventually the
Milita got the better of the SAS units that of course in spite of
fire, mortars and other issues didn't loose confidence at all. The
militias and green rear area troops of course were far worse for
wear. Had the SAS been able to get the air strikes they wanted,
they'd have gotten out ok.
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: OT-HH ships Next: Ship designs, was (Not so) OT-HH ships