Prev: Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire Next: OT-HH ships

MPs (2 for the price of one!) -sale's over, you just get one now.

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: 02 Apr 2002 17:03:31 -0500
Subject: MPs (2 for the price of one!) -sale's over, you just get one now.

On Tue, 2002-04-02 at 16:33, Tomb wrote:

> MPs (quote Ryan, paraphrase similarly Flak):
> Standard uniforms plus shoulder tabs/brassards or arm bands.
>
> Okay, guys, you didn't quite answer my question (as far as I could
> tell). Both the Camouflage BDU and garrison dress are standard
uniforms
> in most armies. Which "standard" uniform did you mean?
>
> Answer for:
> 1) MPs doing peacekeeping (directing traffic, etc): weapons? uniform?

Camouflage with subdued (meaning matching predominant colors of
camouflage) brassard.  Normal weapons complement.  (All the toys, big
guns, etc.)

> 2) MPs doing LEA at home or on a mostly peaceful base: weapons?
uniform?

BDUs or dress uniform, dependent on post/day.  On paydays in Panama they
had us dressed up in class B's (dress uniform without the jacket).
Brassard was black with white letters, with full-color unit patch (or
flag, again, depending on the post).  Doing LEA they carried a pistol
belt, sometimes a nice Bianchi(sp?), sometimes the crummy old GI web
belt.  That depended on whether or not the unit had the nice belts for
LEA activities.  The belt usually held a pistol, club, radio, pepper
spray, hand irons, etc...  Think of a batman utility belt...

> 3) MPs doing rear-area security in a hot conflict: weapons? uniform?

Same as 1, but add anti-tank rockets and a more complete ammo load-out.

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

Prev: Re: [DS] Hidden units and detection, including Recon by Fire Next: OT-HH ships