Prev: Re: DSII: Parts for kit-bashing Next: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire

Military Police - uniforms, etc.

From: "Tomb" <tomb@d...>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:35:29 -0500
Subject: Military Police - uniforms, etc.

Hiya,

I know some of you listers (and your sig others, IIRC) are MPs or were.
Help me out here: What uniform do MPs usually wear when on combat ops or
when doing LEA? I ask because I've got a set of 2 MPs walking plus 2 in
a jeep from GZG and I'm wondering how to paint them up - should I be
putting them in standard cammie jammies for the force they represent (in
this case, probably NAC or Independent to accompany my Gurkhas) or
should they be wearing some sort of plainer garrison dress? And should I
be worrying about brassards? And what would be an appropriate colour for
NAC Berets? (Red(ish) for brit, IIRC, but what colour for US?)

The fact these guys are carrying self-loader pistols (rather than ARs)
and wearing berets may suggest that they are garrison guys... for combat
MPs, maybe I should be using standard NAC infantry figures in helmets
with ARs, SAWs, etc.? And maybe the Jeep I should be using should be a
NAC combat jeep with tribarrel MG?

And are there or are there not such a thing as airborne MPs? I seem to
recall hearing something to that effect once, but it could have been
urban (military) legend.

Thanks for the info. I'm sort of thinking of a scenario involving MPs,
some prisoners being transfered or picked up from an infantry unit, and
an enemy counterattack that thus forces the MPs to be involved.....

Tomb.

Prev: Re: DSII: Parts for kit-bashing Next: Re: [DS] Hidden Units and Recon by Fire