Prev: Re: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures Next: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps

Re: Reading Request.

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 21:28:16 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Reading Request.

On  1-Apr-02 at 20:29, John Atkinson (johnmatkinson@yahoo.com) wrote:

> --- Brian Burger <yh728@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
>
> > Clancy and Heinlein write exactly the same sort of
> > female characters, have
> > you noticed? (Strawperson, surely?) The type can
> > broadly be defined as
> > "overachieving until hubby comes home"...
>
> I'd take exception to this comment (re: RAH.	Clancy,
> I would note, is not known for his relationship with
> women) if you would elaborate a bit more.  Exactally
> what do you mean?

I'm not the original poster but I think I can field this.
Most  of RAH's women are extremely attractive, extremely
intelligent, and their main goal in life is to stay
home and have children.  From my viewpoint they seem
to be genius level fluff.

Now, if it were just one or two I wouldn't mind, but it
occurs over and over.  It finally made me give up on
anything written after Friday.	A genius who knows her
place is to be barefoot and pregnant is just as much
a sexist stereotype as someone that needs her man
to constantly care for her.

Roger Books

Prev: Re: SGII -- Scenario with alien creatures Next: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY-Conversion of NAC w/berets to ball caps