Prev: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY Next: Re: [DSII] hover bikes

Use some common sense.

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 17:10:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Use some common sense.

--- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

> and as a member of the NEW ACTION  ARMY of the 60s
> and  70s, y'all are
> WRONG!
>
> everyone and his brother did not  wear a beret.

1973-1979, HQ DA authorized wear of berets approved at
local unit level as "morale-building" device.  I'm
trying to find a list of authorized berets, but 1-60th
Infantry wore brown berets with a light blue flash,
and 172nd Inf BDE wore olive or brown berets as well.

> some cav units in germany worn their version of the
> BUNDESWEHR tanker
> beret along with BUNDESWEHR tanker boots.

Those at Fort Knox did as well.

> berets are useless in the  field.  blousing bands
> are useless too.

I don't know anyone who wears blousing bands in the
field.	And berets are specifically garrison wear, not
field wear.  Field is generally kevlar helmet or (out
of sight of officers and First Sergeants) BDU caps.

> "smart looking " does not work in the
> field-function does.

No shit--but there is not nor has there ever been any
intention of wearing berets in the field.  We're not
Brit Paras.

John

http://http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY Next: Re: [DSII] hover bikes