Prev: Re: Reading List Re-visited Next: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY

Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 21:01:06 -0500
Subject: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY

At 8:01 PM -0500 3/30/02, Robert W. Eldridge wrote:
>I would like to observe that the CAVALRY wore a black beret in the U.S.
Army
>before the Rangers did. The cavalry regiments in Germany were
authorized to
>wear them from about 1973 or so (don't remember exactly, but it was
well
>before I returned to CONUS in October 1974). When I reported to 1st
Cavalry
>Division at Fort Hood, they had been wearing black berets for some
>considerable time as well. The 6th Air Cavalry Brigade were the ones
with
>the stetsons. This is all about 5 years before the first of the new
Ranger

Was it just the 6th Air Cav? No others? I thought the whole stetson
thing was a general Cav thing, but I guess my understanding is wrong.
At least some US armored forces wear the correct color beret.

Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |	       |	   |

Prev: Re: Reading List Re-visited Next: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY