Prev: KNOCKING THE ARMY Next: Re: OT: The Effluent and the Ventilation Device

Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 21:16:29 -0500
Subject: Re: KNOCKING THE ARMY

At 5:10 PM -0600 3/29/02, DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:
[snip]

>and a made in CHINA black beret does not an ELITE ARMY MAKE, but it
does
>destroy one of the symbols of RANGER eliteness.. . . . .

Well, I'm not sure why they had to go with Black Beret's. I suspect
the funny looks I've gotten from some folks while driving the Ferret
around with the appropriately black Royal Tank Regiment Beret has
something to do with it...Mind you as soon as I dismount from the
ferret I take it off. It just seems more comfortable wearing the
beret in there as its far too easy to bash your forehead on some
sharp projection or edge. The beret makes a nice pad and buffers the
headphones nicely. I'd use a CVC helmet if there was one for the
Larkspur harness, but there isn't.

They could have gone with OD Berets and made everyone happy. Course,
I can't understand why the Rangers went with Black Berets as the
Germans and the British use black for Tanks. Green or Tan are for
elite Commando and SAS units. At least US airborne uses the correct
Red for airborne beret.

Ryan Gill			  rmgill@mindspring.com
	|	 |	       |	   |

Prev: KNOCKING THE ARMY Next: Re: OT: The Effluent and the Ventilation Device