Prev: Re: Reading Request. Next: Re: Reading Request.

Re: Reading Request.

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:30:52 +1100
Subject: Re: Reading Request.

At 08:21  28/03/02 -0600, Allan wrote:
>I have a friend who's a librarian (head librarian of a Toronto branch,
and
>also sci-fi, fantasy, and horror acquisition head for Toronto). She
tells me
>that the inside scoop is that he's sufficiently popular that he can get
almost
>anything he demands. This is pretty typical at the Clancy/Stephen
King/etc.
>level. Apparently he doesn't feel he needs a full editor, pretty much
just
>needs someone to proof it for glaring mistakes. This has led to a
bloating of
>his stories.

Bloating is a good description :) After reading "The Bear And The
Dragon" I
definitely came away with that impression.

Cheers

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: Re: Reading Request. Next: Re: Reading Request.