Prev: RE: [SG] The OU's real troops! :> Next: Re: DS2 Vehicle Generator

Re: [SG/DS] Battalion structure was Re: SG - hover APCs

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:56:32 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [SG/DS] Battalion structure was Re: SG - hover APCs

Thanks for the suggestions, I see things I have definately missed.

On 28-Mar-02 at 12:25, laserlight@quixnet.net (laserlight@quixnet.net)
wrote:

> And the infantry companies each have a heavy weapons platoon which
include
> mortars and anti-tank assets.  Company level mortars are very nice in
> SG--they're "immediate response", so eg if you need to drop smoke
> *right now* to cover you, they work a lot better than trying to
persuade
> Brigade to get around to it.

How many mortars would you recommend?  I'm assuming 1 mortar team
replaces an infantry fireteam?	As far as anti-tank, would the
GMS/Ls each platoon has be insufficient?

Prev: RE: [SG] The OU's real troops! :> Next: Re: DS2 Vehicle Generator