Prev: RE: Reading Request. Next: Re: Reading Request.

Re: "Strange" Leo1 on Battlefront web page

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:40:51 +0100
Subject: Re: "Strange" Leo1 on Battlefront web page

Ryan Gill wrote:

>>Some time ago, KH Ranitzsch asked about the Leopard 1 picture on the
>>Battlefront web page (www.battlefront.com, quite far down on the
>>right-hand side), but I can't remember seeing any replies to it.
>>
>>I'm reasonably certain that it is a Canadian Leopard C2 (not to be
>>confused with any variant of Leopard 2; the LeoC2 is the 2nd Canadian
>>variant of the Leopard 1 <g>).
>

>That would be a Leopard C1 (1A3 or 1A4) (with the welded turret or some

>similar variant there about.

IIRC from JDW all the Leo C2s have A5 turrets now, but don't quote me on

that. The most important difference between the Leo1A3/4 and the Leo1A5
are
the electronics anyway - indeed, the Norwegian Leo1 "A5NO" variant have
the
A5 electronics in an older turret (IIRC A2).

>a List of Leopard I variants
>http://www.jed.simonides.org/tanks/lima/leopard1_series/leopard1-series
.html

Good page.

>an upgraded C2. Note the overhang
>http://www.magma.ca/~tracks/leoc2gall.htm

Couldn't open this one :-(

>about the upgrades
>http://www.dnd.ca/menu/maple/vol_2/Vol2_23/army_e.htm

Only about the Canadian versions, though.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: Reading Request. Next: Re: Reading Request.