Prev: Re: WAR AGAINST THE CHTORR Next: RE: Reading Request.

Re: [OT] Beanstalk anyone?

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:11:19 -0800
Subject: Re: [OT] Beanstalk anyone?

Tomb wrote:

>Awesome. I can't wait. In fact, I want to buy a ticket now....

Oh, yeah.  I've been WAITING for this.

>For other reading:
>
>Excellent book by Robert Sheffield called Web Between Worlds (though
his
>attachment method was questionable)

Would you say he didn't know jack about beanstalks?

I believe there's one in Friday by Heinlein as well (though that is by
no
means an endorsement of the book).  I could have misread it though.

>2300AD (Traveller 2300): They had beanstalks and also covered the
impact
>(literally) of one that is unleashed on the planet it services.

I'm assuming you meant of the tether comes loose from it's space end.
I'm
curious to see a story/scenario where it comes detached at the earth end
of
the tether - talk about an olympic hammer throw. ;-)

3B^2

Prev: Re: WAR AGAINST THE CHTORR Next: RE: Reading Request.