Prev: Re: Calling all Listers Next: [OT] Beanstalk anyone?

RE: Reading Request.

From: "Adam Benedict Canning" <dahak@d...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 22:23:54 -0000
Subject: RE: Reading Request.

> Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 15:29:03 -0500
> From: "Warren Shultzaberger" <carol.warren@prodigy.net>
> Subject: Reading Request.
>
> As I've said, I'm a big time Honor Harrington fan.
>
> I've also read Insurrection, Crusade, In Death Ground, and plan on
> getting The Shiva Option When it comes out on paperback (I
> hate when the
> 1st books of the series are in paperback, the publisher
> sees how well
> they sale, and decides to publish one in hardback. I like
> my series to
> match - either all paperback or all hardback)
>
> I read - Hammer's Slammers, Starfist, and The Bolo books.
>
> Could anyone recommend some similar space battle or Sci-Fi
> war books?

Lets see, from Weber your still missing the Mutineer's Moon and March
upcountry books.

Then there is Louis MacMaster Bujold. Try Warriors Apprentice or
Shards of Honor/Cordellia's Honor, the later ones are down playing the
mil sf and replacing it with politics.

Timothy Zahn's Conquerors books.
Doyle and Macdonald's Mageworld series., Start with Price of Stars and
remind yourself the battels get bigger in the next two.
Elizabeth Moon's Serrano Legacy.

I find Drake and Stirlings the General superior to Hammer's Slammers
[even with the SF hard ware being limited to one AI battel computer
and a drain.], or you could try Joel Rosenberg's Mesada books.

It may be GW but Gordon Rennie's Execution Hour is one of my current
rereads.

And there was a Del Ray translation off Yoshiyuki Tomino's Mobile Suit
Gundam, whihc proves you don't need FTL ships for big space battles
and huge weapon systems.

Glen Cooks Dragon never Sleeps is well regarded and I may send Charles
infiltration elephants round to murder you for it if you find a copy.

There is always EE'Doc' Smiths Lensmen Saga and Perry Rhodan.

Prev: Re: Calling all Listers Next: [OT] Beanstalk anyone?