Prev: Re: Sword of God Next: Re: RE:Reading Request.

RE: Reading Request.

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 09:32:41 -0500
Subject: RE: Reading Request.

At 07:45 PM 3/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Scott Jaqua Wrote:
>>
>> For those that haven't been reading the Honor Harrington
>> series (what are you doing on this list???)
>
>How can you not read Honor Harrington and play Full Thrust or
>Stargrunt2?????!!!!!?????

Your mileage may vary -- mine certainly did....

I gave up on HH following the third book or so, realizing that I just
didn't *care* what happened next.  For my part, I'd recommend Lois
Bujold's
"Miles Vorksigan" books instead -- not quite as heavy on the military
bits,
but I found them to be far better written and much more entertaining.

(and for a gaming tie-in, GURPS Vorkosigan should be out later this
year)

For SGII tie ins, I quite enjoyed the Spartans series by Pornelle and
Stirling, for armor action I'll pick up Drake (again, I'm not much of a
fan
of his plots...but he writes good action).

There's also David Gerrold's "Chtorr" series, but again: folks either
love
'em or hate 'em.  I quite like them myself, but I wish that he'd finish
the
damned series.	His two "Star Wolf" books are somehwat inspirational for
FT, as well.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Sword of God Next: Re: RE:Reading Request.