Prev: Re: Reading Request. Next: Re: Epic Tau Troops

Re: [sg2] Non-Lethal Weapons

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 16:06:10 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [sg2] Non-Lethal Weapons

On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:24:50 -0500, "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)"
<Brian.Bell@dscc.dla.mil> wrote :

> I know that this has been discussed before, but I was unable to find
it in
> the 5 minute search of the Archives.
>
> I was trying to design some weapons that would be equipment-friendly
for
> ITTT for situations such as a research lab is invaded or a freighter
is
> being boarded. The idea is to suppress the opponents without damaging
> valuable ITTT property. It is also nice to reduce the chance of being
sued
> for wrongful death.
>
> Here is a basic premise for Non-Lethal Weapons:
>  - If one of the attacker's dice exceeds the defender's die (dice)
roll, 1
> suppression marker is placed.
>  - If 2 or more of the attacker's dice exceed the defender's roll, _2_
> suppression markers are placed (and normal test for casualties, but
this is
> much reduced by the weak impact of the weapons).
>  - Maximum impact for non-lethal weapons is d4.
>
> ITTT Non-Lethal Weapons
> CE9 Shocker Pistol  Close Only FP:3 (Area Effect) Impact:d4
> CGG Goo Gun  Close Only FP:d10 Impact:d4
> CGGL Goo Grenade Launcher (AGL)  FP:d12 Impact:d4
>

> Are the special rules too much? Would the weapons get the effect
without the
> special rules? Is there a better way of doing it?

The multiple suppression is one option, but it doesn't seem entirely
appropriate for some weapons.

For sticky foam or "tanglefoot vines", make the figures make a quality
check.	If it is failed, the figure is completely immobilized until an
ally spends a full
activation in contact with him, cutting him free/applying the correct
solvent/whatever.

For stun weapons, I'd just treat kills as stuns.  I'd assign a small
chance of death (heart failure, alergic reaction, or the like) based on
a single roll when
the figure is first stunned, and give him a small chance of waking up
again each turn.  I'd probably inflict a quality shift of -1 for the
figure if he wakes up.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Reading Request. Next: Re: Epic Tau Troops