Prev: Re: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG) Next: RE: [DS] Ground Attack Craft

[DS] Ground Attack Craft

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:06:52 -0800
Subject: [DS] Ground Attack Craft

I've been trying to design Ground Attack Fighters, and find it's one of
my
weaknesses.  I have a hard time deciding how to arm them.  How many
different types of air assets do most people use, and how do you arm
them?
Since they can only carry up to a certain class, MDC's's aren't quite as

formidable as they would be on an MBT that can sling a class-5 gun.  For
futuristic grandson-of-an-A-10, a DFFG seems plausible, but it does
require
an up close & personal touch that might be iffy from an aerial POV.
GMS/H's
seem a natural choice, but it means both the weapon AND it's platform
are
vulnerable to the same ADS.  DFO's seem too limited in duration, I'd
rather
deliver those kinds of ordnance via arty (IN THE GAME, disclaimer).
Suggestions?  Anyone have any designs they use that Particularly float
their
boats, or preferrably SINK their ENEMY's?

3B^2

Prev: Re: OT: ATTN: Jon (GZG) Next: RE: [DS] Ground Attack Craft