Prev: RE: (SG II) Huh? One shot, mission kill wha? Next: RE: Game with Internet Commanders

Re: Scouts..... plus Hammers Slammers news

From: John Lambshead <pjdl@n...>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:52:49 +0000
Subject: Re: Scouts..... plus Hammers Slammers news

I thought people might be interested that I am working with David Drake
and
John Treadaway on an Official History and Times of The Slammers. Will
not
be out anytime soon thoughas we are all doing it in our freetime.

John

>Purnelle did that in "Go tell the Spartans". Drake makes a point of
recon
>satellites in several places in the Hammer's Slammers books. Usually
the
>opposing sides leave each others satellites mostly alone, but when an
>important op comes up satellites get shot down (20cm powerguns on
computer
>control sweep the skies clear). This last of course lets the enemy know

>that *something* is comign down.
>
>There is, by the way, more Slammers material coming out.
>
>see http://david-drake.com/news.html
>
>Neck or Nothing is available in pdf or html
>
>John Crimmins wrote:

Dr PJD Lambshead
Head, Nematode Research Group
Department of Zoology
The Natural History Museum
London SW7 5BD, UK.
Tel +44 (0)20 7942 5032
Fax +44 (0)20 7942 5433
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/home/lambshead.htm
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/zoology/nematode/index.html

What a wonderful thing is the cat! on making it God said "That's that!
Supurrnatural selection has brought us purrfection -
which is a great relief to Me after My earlier mistake with the nematode
worm
(Rowena Sommerville)

Prev: RE: (SG II) Huh? One shot, mission kill wha? Next: RE: Game with Internet Commanders