Prev: THE REAL WORLD MEETS SG II. . . . . . Next: RE: Game with Internet Commanders

Re: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks

From: Derek Fulton <derekfulton@b...>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 12:01:43 +1100
Subject: Re: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks

At 12:47  24/03/02 -0800, John wrote:

>--- Derek Fulton <derekfulton@bigpond.com> wrote:
> > At 09:09  22/03/02 -0800, you wrote:
> > >SFC/MSG   Color Sergeant
> > >1SG/SGM   WO
> > >CSM/SMA   Whatever you call it with the lions
> > holding
> > >up the coat of arms and a crown on top.
> >
> > Further to what I posted Colour Sergeants are rare,
>
>I was guessing as to the rank title:  3 stripes and a
>little crown over it.

Ah, Then that might be a "Staff Sergeant" also a rare and endangered
species these days as well, only ever met one of them a retired regular
solider in the reserves. I gathered that his rank was a hold over from
his
regular days, sort of a "living fossil" as it were :)

Cheers

Derek

Derek Fulton
12 Balaka st.
Rosny, Hobart.
Tasmania,  7018.
Australia

Phone; (03) 62459123
Mobile; 0438459123
Email; derekfulton@bigpond.com

Prev: THE REAL WORLD MEETS SG II. . . . . . Next: RE: Game with Internet Commanders