Prev: Re: [FMA] Bar Fight (was RE: Scouts) Next: Re: [OT]Question for combat veterans

Re: [OT]Question for combat veterans

From: "Scott Case" <tgunner@h...>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 06:09:58
Subject: Re: [OT]Question for combat veterans

Might be for some guys. During Desert Storm I think I got something like
6
or so hours of sleep during the whole '100 hours'... that was the first
night of the fighting after my division breached the Iraqi MLR... and I
slept like a log after wards. I remember waking up and seeing my whole
company sprawled basically where they could, a loader draped over his
M240
sound asleep. I had no dreams personally- it was just so quick and
exhausting. Maybe the guys who had more prolonged combat experience can
say.

I'll add this though, Rick Shelley is right about one thing- in Officer
Cadet he mentioned guys eating and sleeping as much as they could before

going 'on contract'... very true! The 'Nam vets (my platoon sergeant was
on)
encouraged us to eat and sleep as much as possible before the action
started- both during the war and in peacetime FTXs. You just never know
when
you'll see a hot meal and more than two hours at a time of sleep.

Tgunner

HOPS VINCET! ATWTMATMUTATB

Prev: Re: [FMA] Bar Fight (was RE: Scouts) Next: Re: [OT]Question for combat veterans