Prev: Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge Next: Re: Merkavas ?

Re:(SGII) Huh? One shot, mission kill wha?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 11:25:56 +0100
Subject: Re:(SGII) Huh? One shot, mission kill wha?

David L. Dunn wrote in reply to Tom Barclay:

> >I wouldn't buy the little
> >ARV because 1 rifleman could easily mission-kill
> >the vehicle (unprotected crew), but the other
> >products are realistic and very well designed.
>
>Tom, the above statement you wrote to Chen-Song about the Badger MK I
and
>MK II,
>has had me a bit puzzled for about a week or so.
> >From what I've gotten from the SG II rule book, (circa 1996), ...

That's because Tom is not talking about what you can do to that vehicles
in
any particular rules set.

He's talking about what would happen if a *real* vehicle looking like
your
ARV came up against *real* infantry armed with *real* rifles. In the
real
world, unprotected crew members (eg. tank commanders sticking their
heads
out a hatch) are quite easily killed or incapacitated by rifle fire.
Most
games do not reflect this fact.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge Next: Re: Merkavas ?