Prev: Re: Recon, Scouts and Battle Phases Next: RE: US Ranks (was: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks)

Re: DS: Figures

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:10:17 -0500
Subject: Re: DS: Figures

At 02:49 PM 3/22/02 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anyone remember a line of toys sold by Kenner back in the late
'80s
>called Mega Force?  They were 6-10mm in scale, very nicely made, and
came in
>the designs/colors of 2 fictional countries, Triax and Vrocs.	I had a
bunch
>back then, but was not into miniature gaming yet, so eventually got rid
of
>them.	I'm kicking myself hard now.  The MBT's, VTOL's, and helos were
>especially nice, I had a real fondness for the Triax attack
helicopters.
>Anyone ever see them around anymore?  I looked on E-bay, and they were
>pretty pricey for the few that are there.

Hear that sound?  It's me kicking myself, too.	Years ago, I soundly
mocked
some friends of mine for picking up a ton of those packs on sale.  "We
don't *play* microarmor!  Why waste your money?"

Idiot.	I have a handful of the VTOLs, and I love them.  I want more,
but
I'm resigned to not being able to obtain them.	I've got three of the
big
transport plane, though.  One of these days I might even be able to get
one
of them into gamable shape.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Recon, Scouts and Battle Phases Next: RE: US Ranks (was: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks)