Prev: Re: Figures Next: RE: FT: FTL Smorgasboard

Re: FT: FTL Smorgasboard

From: "Randy W. Wolfmeyer" <rwwolfme@a...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 18:22:07 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: FT: FTL Smorgasboard

Here's an online paper I found a few years ago (probably back in 97)
about
traversable wormholes, mostly about the implications they would have on
civilization and such.

http://www.aleph.se/Trans/Tech/Space-Time/wormholes.html

It's not too technical, at least there are no
spacetime metrics given in this one.  I've actually based an entire game
universe around this article.  Wormholes are pretty interesting to me
because the guy who came up with the specifics of how to make a
traversable wormhole is at my school, Matt Viser.  He's pretty cool,
from
New Zealand even.  He has an entire book out on the subject, although
its
apparently out of print.

Actually the page where I found the above article has lots of links to
ideas for different methods of FTL:

http://www.aleph.se/Trans/Tech/Space-Time/index.html

It's part of a bigger website devoted to Transhumanism.  Lots of neat
ideas throughout the entire site.

Randy Wolfmeyer
Dept. of Physics
Washington University

Prev: Re: Figures Next: RE: FT: FTL Smorgasboard