Prev: Re: Recon, Scouts and Battle Phases Next: Re: Recon, Scouts and Battle Phases

Brewing up! was Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:58:02 -0500
Subject: Brewing up! was Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge

At 9:42 AM -0800 3/22/02, Brian Bilderback wrote:
>Ryan M Gill wrote:
>
>>Which is why I like having a friend who does fancy things with the
>>coffee. One is the MX-Missile (something of a triple Cafe Cubano with
>>power and additional shots of espresso). He's in Chicago now, so I
>>don't have access to my old crack.
>
>Sounds like good stuff.

Ohh, it will wake you up and keep you up...

>>How about as an ingredient for Ranger Coffee or Brownies?
>
>Never heard of the one, never tried the other.

Haven't had them myself. But enough of my in service friends have so
I've heard the basic recipie.

Take the crackers, chocolate, sugar, coffee and I think hot cocoa mix
from your MRE's, mix them together and you can bake them up as a
really tasty brownie that is very useful on patrols or marches for
energy and keeping you alert.

Ranger coffee works out somewhat similarly. Sort of a Field Expedient
double Mocha I guess...

>>Hey, some of us actually have single estate teas in our
>>cupboards...Heck, one of them is something like $12 per 2 ounces....
>
>I don't think I own ANYTHING worth $12 an ounce.  Not that I don't
>have the taste for it, just not the budget.

Its Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl iirc. They aren't leaves, they are
little jasmine flower buds. The $8/2 ounces type jasmine they have is
much larger and more mature Jasmine flowers (a single one works for a
cup or three of tea). Another Single Estate iirc. I haven't had the
Gyokuro Imperial at $15.00/ ounces. Then there's a really expensive
Oolong tea that this store has, Silver Needle at $18.00 per 2 ounces!

The Temple of Heaven Gunpowder tea is quite tasty as is their Rooibos
(South African tea)

see http://store.yahoo.com/teavana
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-    Smart ID cards in the US, Smart ID cards in Hong Kong,    -
-		      what is the difference?		       -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF        -

Prev: Re: Recon, Scouts and Battle Phases Next: Re: Recon, Scouts and Battle Phases