Prev: Re: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks Next: Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge

Re: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:33:58 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks

--- DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

> NOW, i am told the  top NCO in branch of our armed
> forces is an E-10,
> and that an O-10 rank  exists in the officer corps.
> i do not know if this is true  or not.

There was some discussion last year about an E-10
paygrade for CSMs at the Army and higher levels (Fleet
for Navy??) and for the senior EMs in all the
services.  It died out and they all get E9 pay.

O-10 (5 stars--General of the Army) is a wartime only
rank--General Bradley was the last one in service.

John

Prev: Re: Force sizes-Confusing US ranks Next: Re: [OT]Industrial Sludge