Prev: RE: Looking For Marders in all the Wrong Places. Next: USNavy Rank versus Rate

Re: We Were Soldiers

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet72@y...>
Date: 22 Mar 2002 10:47:35 -0500
Subject: Re: We Were Soldiers

My uncle was in Artillery in WWII.  I don't remember the unit or areas
he served in.  I do know that his unit was almost over-run by panzers,
and that they used their arty tubes to direct-fire at the tanks, like
dismounted tank destroyers.

He also earned three silver stars while serving over there.  He was
buried this past fall with military honors, I made sure to tell the
funeral detail about his service, hoping it gave their task that day in
the cold, windy rain a bit more meaning.

--Flak

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

Prev: RE: Looking For Marders in all the Wrong Places. Next: USNavy Rank versus Rate