Prev: Re: We Were Soldiers Next: FTL in SciFi was RE:

RE:

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:59:44 -0500
Subject: RE:

In the Polesoltechnic League stories his ships "jumped" in a manner
similar
to how electrons "jumped" from one electron shell to another (changed
location without traveling the distance in-between). It was done
millions
(billions?) of times a second. The net effect was that the ships
translocated faster than the speed of light without doing any actual
movement (movement requires traveling the distance between point A and
point
B, not just appearing at point B when you were at point A).

-----
Brian Bell
-----