Prev: Re: Humourous annecdotes, was Re: We Were Soldiers Next: Re: Speaking of Kitbashing, was [DS] Dropships and Walking Drones and Guns

Re: We Were Soldiers

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:55:56 +1100
Subject: Re: We Were Soldiers

From: "Noel Weer" <noel.weer@verizon.net>

> I am surprised no one has mentioned Guy Sajet's "The Forgotten
Soldier".
> Talk about a bleak image of the Eastern Front from the German point of
> view...

French.

OK, Alsatian. After his drafting into the Grossdeutschland Division, and
going through several kinds of hell in the Eastern Front, he eventually
was captured in the west. After which, he was "encouraged" by French
authorities to have a hitch in the Foreign Legion. Or be classified as a