Prev: Re: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Force sizes

Re: We Were Soldiers

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:18:38 +0100
Subject: Re: We Were Soldiers

----- Original Message -----
From: <DAWGFACE47@webtv.net>
> and  THE FORGOTTTEN SOLDIER  sounds  familiar too me but i am not
sure.

Probably has nothing to do with it, but I saw a TV documentary recently.

A Hungarian soldier, caught by the Russians in early 1945. Stayed in POW
camp until the early 1950's, developed a mental illness there, was put
in an
asylum and, basically, forgotten. A few years ago, someone from the
asylum
informed the Hungarians. They brought him back, managed to find
surviving
relatives. Amazing, sad story with a glimmer of hope in the end.

Greetings

Prev: Re: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: Force sizes