Prev: Re: "Education" System, was Re: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: satchel charges

Re: We Were Soldiers

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:41:19 +0100
Subject: Re: We Were Soldiers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip Atcliffe" <Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk>
> A child of the 50s and 60s, I don't hate the Japanese (and I had the
> occasional argument with Mum over that), and I haven't brought my sons
> up to, either. In the way of these things, they may have a less
> tolerant attitude than I do, due solely to what they have discovered
> for themselves in reading history. Never underestimate the propaganda
> power of historical texts...

They certainly can influence people. They might equally well have become
Japan-fans if they read a lot about the Samurai for example. Let's just
hope
they will get a reasonably balanced view in the end.

And biased "history" can make powerful propaganda (see the Balkans).

Greetings

Prev: Re: "Education" System, was Re: [SG] HAMR Next: Re: satchel charges