Prev: Re: Speaking of Kitbashing, was [DS] Dropships and Walking Drones and Guns Next: Re: [SG] HAMR

Re: Speaking of Kitbashing, was [DS] Dropships and Walking Drones and Guns

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 15:51:29 -0800
Subject: Re: Speaking of Kitbashing, was [DS] Dropships and Walking Drones and Guns

Brian Burger wrote:

>Sounds cool - any chance of pics?

Eventually.  Mind you, I have no proper tools, so the filing was done
with a
nail clipper file - I need a better file to finish it off.  Then I need
add a couple more details.  Then prime and paint.  Then get my hands on
digital camera.  But eventually, yeah, I'd love to show it off.  I'd
love to
make a few more, but the tail winglets were a scrap in a bits box at the

local gaming stor, I have not the faintest what they came from.  All the

other stuff should be easier to get -- the lifting thrusters came from a

Battletech Kanga jump/hovertank, I'd be willing to buy a couple more of
those because even without the jets they look like a cool futuristic
hybrid
between a hovertank, an MLRS, and a StuG.  The Madcats can be found.
And
Heavy Gear engine backpacks show up occasionally - I just have to
remember
to remove the box with the X on it (Fuel cell?) from them.

>Madcats are those 'mechs with the sort of cylindrical body, right? Kind
of
>like the nose of a B-29 bomber?

That's the one.  One of the better all-around mech designs in the game,
too.
  Near perfect blend of speed, armor, and weaponry.

>If that's the one, I can see how that
>would make a cool dropship.

>From way back when I played the game, there were certain mechs I always
felt
would look better as air or spacecraft than as mecha.  It topped my
list.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Speaking of Kitbashing, was [DS] Dropships and Walking Drones and Guns Next: Re: [SG] HAMR