Prev: RE: [FMA] Bar Fight Next: Re: We Were Soldiers- It's a funny old world

Re: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:47:28 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:18:43 -0800, "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Speaking as someone with ADD (Not quite ADHD, but still in the
ballpark), I
>do have some suggestions, though not about the specific movement
system:

For the record, I have ADD. *S* My reading, and my own experience,
suggests
that if someone with ADD or ADHD is interested in something it's the
same as
someone without it. If they aren't, you can't make them pay attention. I
mentioned it in this case because he is more likely to want to jump into
game than pay attention to instructions.

>Don't underestimate such a kid's ability to get it if he really really
likes
>the game.  My problem back in school was that things were TOO easy, and

>couldn't hold my attention long.  While you will want to keep your
>explanation of the rules as simple as possible at first, DON'T make the
GAME
>easy for him.	On the other hand, don't blow his doors off either.
Boredom
>will be your chief enemy.  If you can fire his imagination, he'll learn

>calculus if it'll help his game play.

That's been my experience. I thought of Kra'vak because the advanced
drives
would be more forgiving for him. But, on second thought (and looking
over the
ships) those single arcs are going to be a pain.

I might go for NAC and let him have some fighters. I think he'll figure
out
things okay. I was going to take a slightly smaller fleet... and mine
was
going to include a Bonaparte. He will have an edge though he may not
know it!
*S*

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: RE: [FMA] Bar Fight Next: Re: We Were Soldiers- It's a funny old world