Prev: Re: Scouts/Spotters, HTML, Drones and odd cross cultural experiences Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

[FMA] Bar Fight (was RE: Scouts)

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:55:15 -0500 (EST)
Subject: [FMA] Bar Fight (was RE: Scouts)

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 06:41:20 -0800, "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote :

> John Crimmins wrote :
>
> > > Retsina, actually. . . :)
> > >
> > > John
> >
> >Oh, good lord.  That stuff scares me...give me some Tullamore Dew,
and I'm
> >happy man.  On the other hand, it should produce some well-motivated
troops
> >who
> >feel no fear.
>
> Hmmmmm..... Scares a whiskey drinker, huh?  I'll have to look into
this...
> retsina.....	  although my favorites will still have a tendency
towards
> names beginnig in 'glen'.   ;-)

I'm not a big whiskey drinker, but my lord!  That stuff is *smooth*.

This has managed to get my brain working, though, so I'll drag this back
to topic:

This got me thinking about an FMA scenario that could be a heck of a lot
of fun...  Last Call: A Full Metal Bar Fight.  You could have a good
excuse for a
variety of factions (all on their own side), a minimal amount of
projectile weapons (so there's a good excuse for everyone to go
hand-to-hand), and
probably a couple of Jedi who've wandered in from a different movie.

Somewhere in my parent's attic is an old "album game" based on this
concept.  Anyone remember what it was called?  Could use that for a
map....  And
I seem to remember seeing a really nifty idea somewhere on the 'net: for
a similar scenario two guys constructed a bar out of an empty (and
unused)
pizza box.  Most of the scenery was glued into place, there were walls
to make a few smaller rooms, and the whole thing folded up for transport
and
storage.  It was intended to be used for historical games (pirates)
instead of science fiction, but the idea is still stealable.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Scouts/Spotters, HTML, Drones and odd cross cultural experiences Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR