Prev: Re: IANAL Next: Re: [SG] David's KraVak rules

The GZG NAC platoon: some info for the interested

From: "Scott Case" <tgunner@h...>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 02:45:01
Subject: The GZG NAC platoon: some info for the interested

Hi all,

I ordered a NAC Platoon for GZG last week and got them today (pretty
quick
from coming overseas). I tore the pack open and was suprised to see some
new
figures in the line- up till now I've only got my NACs from Geo-Hex and
etc.
I figured that some of you guys might be curious about its contents.

The set that I got came with 24 Marines- 3 rifle squads with 1 SAW, 1
GMS/P
and 4 rifles. The command squad would have the EMC guy, maybe the
snipers
(?) and whoever else is left after you form your squads... alas... no
PiGs... There is some flash on the minis, but no more than normal, and
the
new castings have a lot of new details on the. I can't get over the odd
boots they have on... ;)

Here is a listing of the minis:

1 guy with a set of 'bunny' ears crouching down (ECM type I think)
3 SAWs- two were the standard types you can get from Geo-Hex, the other
is a
new casting with the gunner advancing (a more dynamic pose)
3 GMS/Ps  1 is the usual standing guy, the other two are new casts- one
crouching and the other laying down
2 guys with berets (old cast types)- command types I would guess...
maybe
the LT and top sergeant or maybe squad leader (?)
2 guys with rifles talking into handsets- one open helmet, the other
closed
(old castings)- squad leaders (?)
2 guys with some sort of funky 'long arm'... like the guy on p.27 of
Stargrunt- snipers I would assume since that is what the page is about.

These guys are new castings, one crouching and the other laying down.
11 regular rifle types in a number of poses. At least 6 are new
castings-
the troopers are more dynamic in their poses. In addition two of these
guys
have rucks and quite a bit of junk on their LBEs

Overall, these guys look pretty good to me. The new castings are easy to

pick out because they have a larger base and most appear to be a bit
bigger
than the old castings (the flyer with the order mentioned that a
different
sculper did the new ones).

I think the platoon pack is well worth the money because I forked out
around
$33 w/s/h for 24 minis... The closest you can get for the same number of

NACs (and they are the old castings too) is about $40+ with s/h. Not a
bad
deal

I'm waiting for my plasma gunners and RAM teams now... If anyone wants a
low
down on them let me know.

tgunner

HOPS VINCET! ATWTMATMUTATB

Prev: Re: IANAL Next: Re: [SG] David's KraVak rules