Prev: Re: Unit Designations and Meeting Engagements Next: Re: Scouts.....

DS: Grav, VTOL's, and Fighters

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:21:08 -0800
Subject: DS: Grav, VTOL's, and Fighters

I am working on a couple of concepts for the vehicles in my background,
and
wanted some advice.  I want to enhance the abilities of a couple of
vehicle
types, and need some idea of how to adjust the cost accordingly.

The first vehicle type to go under the knife is Grav.  I want grav (or
at
least SOME grav) vehicles to perform as in renegade legion:   In
essence,
Grav Tanks in that setting can perform like Grav vehicles in DS II OR
like
VTOL's, plus they are capable of interface dropping sans dropship.  How
would you add pricing for this?  I was thinking of merely making all
Grav
vehicles priced as if in a lander, but I'm not sure this is an accurate
reflection of the increased capabilities.

The second is fighters.  I want to be able to design an aerospace craft
type
(separate from standard fighters)that enter like a fighter, but instead
of
making an attack run, can hover and drop troops (the UberOsprey for
which I
seek figs).  I know someone will use this to build an "Harrierpache"
attack
variant, so I want it to be possible but pricey.  Suggestions as to how
price these?

3B^2

Prev: Re: Unit Designations and Meeting Engagements Next: Re: Scouts.....