Prev: Re: FTL "Warp Surfing" Drive Next: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re:

From: "Randy W. Wolfmeyer" <rwwolfme@a...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:28:57 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re:

Refresh my memory; what does TAU refer to in Renegade Legion?

In Special and General Relativity tau (the greek letter) is used as the
proper time, or time measured by an observer that is accelerating or in
strong gravitational field.

I do remember being horribly disappointed in high school because I had
just read a science article by Asimov talking about Tachyons and I
decided
that I was going to use that as the mechanic for FTL in my science
fiction
universe, and then a little bit later I read through FASA's Interceptor
and saw that they were already using it.  I had thought that I was going
to be SO original.

Randy Wolfmeyer
Dept. of Physics
Washington University