Prev: Re: Next: Re:

Re:

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:59:20 -0800
Subject: Re:

>From: "Randy W. Wolfmeyer" <rwwolfme@artsci.wustl.edu>

>If you check out the full paper, it has a bit of math to get through,
but
>on page 7 there are two equations that give the time from outside the
warp
>bubble (capital T) and from inside (tau) to go some distance D between
two
>star systems.

I wonder if this is where FASA got the idea of "Tau" for FTL in
RenLeg.....

It even mentions the fact that you need to engage the drive
>some distance away from the starting star.  It might be useful for
those
>that want some real equations to use in figuring out FTL travel.

And adds some plausible PSB for the specific type of FTL I want in my
game
background.

>The real problems with something like this is that it takes a lot of
mass
>(or energy) to warp spacetime to that degree, and it requires a
negative
>energy density to contract spacetime, something that may or may not be
>achievable in real life.

Well, then, it's a good thing we're not in real life, isn't it?  ;-)

3B^2

Prev: Re: Next: Re: