Prev: Re: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question Next: Re:

Re: Scouts.....

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:28:12 -0800
Subject: Re: Scouts.....

Tomb said:

>Hmmm. If you can't think of scenarios involving scouts, I dunno if
>you're trying very hard.

Oh, I can think of PLENTY of scenarios INVOLVING scouting forces.  Most
of
them are similar in one way or another to the one you suggest.	But all
of
them are based on situations where the scouting force has already
made/is
abvout to make contact with the enemy. What I was referring to is a way
of
reflecting a scouting force's ability to go out an cover lots of ground
in
order to better give their side a picture of what's out there.	In some
(Not
ALL, as I'm sure the real warriors will point out, but definitely in
MANY)
situations, a scouting force will want to AVOId combat - they want to
find
the enemy, ID him, and report back. This is interesting in a historical
context, but hard and boring to recreate in a game.

3B^2

Prev: Re: [FT] Updated MT Missiles question Next: Re: