Prev: Re: Scouts..... Next: Re: [OT] We Were Soldiers

Re: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 12:18:43 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

>From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@att.net>

>What are your opinions? I know this has been asked before, but the
criteria
>is
>rather specific: kid with ADHD!

Speaking as someone with ADD (Not quite ADHD, but still in the
ballpark), I
do have some suggestions, though not about the specific movement system:

Don't underestimate such a kid's ability to get it if he really really
likes
the game.  My problem back in school was that things were TOO easy, and
couldn't hold my attention long.  While you will want to keep your
explanation of the rules as simple as possible at first, DON'T make the
GAME
easy for him.  On the other hand, don't blow his doors off either.
Boredom
will be your chief enemy.  If you can fire his imagination, he'll learn
calculus if it'll help his game play.

3B^2

Prev: Re: Scouts..... Next: Re: [OT] We Were Soldiers