Prev: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

[FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:24:51 -0600
Subject: [FT] Teach Newbie Vector or Cinematic?

This weekend or early next week I'll be teaching a hyperactive almost-13
year
old how to play Full Thrust. The subject line pretty much outlines the
question. Cinematic rules would be easiest for him to pick up,
particularly
since he has a short attention span and tends to go in blazing away. I
suspect
with vector rules he'll end up sending his ships out of control. On the
other
hand, I will probably end up going vector with him at some point so I
wonder
if it's worth skipping the cinematic step and just going to vector.

What are your opinions? I know this has been asked before, but the
criteria is
rather specific: kid with ADHD!

In case it matters, I'll probably give him Kra'Vak ships while I run FSE
show SMs and fighters). My force will be weaker than his, though (as if
I need
it...). However, I might just pick NSL instead of Kra'vak so that his
weapons
are similar to mine, to limit confusion. Any suggestions?

http://www.hyperbear.com

unimaginable mortician was revealed!"

Prev: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR