Prev: Iron Giant, was Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 13:38:09 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:56:28 -0800, "Brian Bilderback"
<bbilderback@hotmail.com> wrote :

> John Crimmins wrote:
>
> >It's the younger ones, the preschoolers, who makes the job
worthwhile.
> >Pure enthusiasm, they actually *care* about learning and reading and
such.
> >A few years of school tends to beat that out of most of them, alas.
>
> Amazing how some of us never lose it, or manage to regain it.

My wife likes to observe that a casual visitor to our house would never
think that two adults live there...biut she's the one who asks for Lego
sets for
Christmas, so she can't really complain.

> >But I've found it impossible to do a storytime for infants or
toddlers and
> >walk away in a bad mood, so long as I remember the two cardinal
rules:

> >1) Keep expectations low -- you'll get everyone's attention at some
point,
> >but never at the same time.
> >
> >and 2) Tape the light switches in the "on" position.  'cause trying
> >navigate through a dark room filled with two year old children is
like
> >something out of a Hitchcock film.
>

> Thank you, you have just brightened my day.

Hey, they can be dangerous!  You wouldn't believe how hard a toddler can
punch....

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Iron Giant, was Re: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR Next: RE: Librarians, was RE: [SG] HAMR