Prev: Re: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns Next: Re:

Re:

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 07:47:51 -0800
Subject: Re:

>From: John Lambshead <pjdl@nhm.ac.uk>

>Still it gives a possible 'jump-drive' in straight lines from point to
>point.

Very cool.  Fits perfectly into the background I wanted.

>A last contribution to the FTL communication discussion. Plotwise, one
>needs FTL communication not to work. The reseaon that the Spanish main
was
>so exciting (from a safe historical distance) and that there was 'no
peace
>beyond the line' was that governments in Europe had little idea what
was
>going on in the West Indies. You sent your guys off in boats and every
so
>often a picket cam back and gave you the Admiral's version of events
>(Spanish treasure ships wantonly attacked us and we were forced to
defend
>ourselves - by the way Sire your 40% share is in the hold....)

Yup.  FTL communications can be argued for/against ad nauseum.	The
important thing to remember is that in our quest to make our Science
Fiction
SCIENTIFIC, we don't neglect the FICTION.  Stories should be fun, even
if
they require a PSB that has a high B to PS ratio.

3B^2

Prev: Re: [SG] Walking Drones and Guns Next: Re: